You may also check my Google Scholar Profile.
Under Review or Preparation
▪ I. Tsoulou, N. Jain, E. Oikonomou … & M. Davies. “Natural Ventilation to Reduce Overheating Risks and Active Cooling in Care Homes.”
▪ E. Oikonomou, I. Tsoulou, N. Jain… & P. Wilkinson. “Adapting Care Homes to Heat: a Comparison of Building Retrofits.”
▪ C. Razo, M. Davies, R. Gupta … & I. Tsoulou. “Passive Strategies for Thermal Comfort of Care Homes in London, UK.”
▪ I. Tsoulou, C. J. Andrews, J. Senick & G. Mainelis (submitted). “Summertime Thermal Comfort, Air Quality and Natural Ventilation of Seniors in Public Housing.”
▪ A. Mavrogianni, I. Tsoulou, C. Heaviside, … & P. Wilkinson (submitted). “Urban Overheating and Impact on Health. An Introduction.”
▪ A. Mavrogianni, J. Taylor, A. Milosevic, … & P. Wilkinson (submitted). “Heat Related Mortality in London.”
▪ R. He, I. Tsoulou, S. Thirumurugesan, … & G. Mainelis. “Investigation of Heatwave Effect on PM2.5 Levels Indoors using Consumer-grade Air Quality Monitors.”
▪ I. Tsoulou, G. Moore and N. Zimmermann (2022). “Understanding Urban Green Space Usage through Systems Thinking: A Case Study in Thamesmead, London.” Sustainability, 14(5), 2575.
▪ I. Tsoulou, S. Kim, G. Mainelis and J. Senick (2021). “Residential Indoor Air Quality Interventions through a Social-Ecological Systems Lens: A Systematic Review.” Indoor Air.
▪ M. Davies, K. Belesova, M. Crane, … and P. Wilkinson (2021). “The CUSSH Programme: Learning How to Support Cities’ Transformational Change Towards Health and Sustainability.” Wellcome Open Research, 6(100), 100.
▪ C. Deloly, A. Roué-Le Gall, G. Moore, … and M. Davies (2021). “Relationship-Building Around a Policy Decision-Support Tool for Urban Health.” Buildings & cities, 2(1), 717.
▪ A. Ibbetson, A. Milojevic, A. Mavrogianni, E. Oikonomou, N. Jain, I. Tsoulou, G. Petrou, R. Gupta, M. Davies and P. Wilkinson (2021). “Mortality Benefit of Building Adaptations to Protect Care Home Residents Against Heat Risks in the Context of Uncertainty Over Loss of Life Expectancy from Heat.” Climate Risk Management, 32, 100307.
▪ R. Gupta, A. Howard, M. Davies, A. Mavrogianni, I. Tsoulou, E. Oikonomou and P. Wilkinson (2021). “Examining the Magnitude and Perception of Summertime Overheating in London Care Homes.” Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, 01436244211013645.
▪ R. Gupta, A. Howard, M. Davies, A. Mavrogianni, I. Tsoulou, N. Jain, E. Oikonomou and P. Wilkinson (2021). “Monitoring and Modelling the Risk of Summertime Overheating and Passive Solutions to Avoid Active Cooling in London Care Homes.” Energy and Buildings, 252, 111418.
▪ G. Moore, S. Michie, J. Anderson, … and M. Davies (2021). “Developing a Programme Theory for a Transdisciplinary Research Collaboration: Complex Urban Systems for Sustainability and Health.” Wellcome Open Research, 6.
▪ I. Tsoulou, C. J. Andrews, R. He, G. Mainelis and J. Senick (2020). “Summertime Thermal Conditions and Senior Resident Behaviors in Public Housing: A Case Study in Elizabeth, NJ, USA.” Building and Environment, 168, 106411.
▪ C. J. Andrews, M. Smart, K. Lowrie and I. Tsoulou (2020). “What Is the Role of International Scholarship in JPER?” Journal of Planning Education and Research, 40(1), 6-7.
▪ C. J. Andrews, M. Smart, K. Lowrie and I. Tsoulou (2020). “Boundaries of Planning Scholarship.” Journal of Planning Education and Research.
▪ I. Tsoulou (2018). “Investigating Links Among Urban Sprawl and Environmental Justice Indicators in US Territories.” plaNext – next generation planning. 7: 117-135. DOI: 10.24306/plnxt/53.
▪ C. J. Andrews, M. S. Allacci, J. Senick, H. C. Putra, and I. Tsoulou (2016). “Using Synthetic Population Data for Prospective Modeling of Occupant Behavior during Design.” Energy and Buildings special issue on Occupancy Behavior Modeling. 126: 415-423. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2016.05.049
▪ I. Tsoulou, N. Jain, E. Oikonomou, G. Petrou, A. Mavrogianni, A. Howard, R. Gupta, A. Milosevic, P. Wilkinson and M. Davies (2022, January). “Assessing the Current and Future Risk of Overheating in London’s Care Homes: The Effect of Passive Ventilation.” International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA).
▪ I. Tsoulou, J. Taylor, P. Symonds, N. Mohajeri and M. Davies (2021, November). “Improving Indoor Thermal Comfort and Air Quality and the Health of Older Adults through Environmental Policies in London.” In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 2069, No. 1, p. 012240). IOP Publishing.
▪ I. Tsoulou, J. Senick, C. J. Andrews, G. Mainelis, R. He and H. C. Putra (2019, June). “Heat Waves and Seniors in Public Housing: A Social-Ecological Exploration in an Urban Context.” In the 12th International Forum on Urbanism, Beyond Resilience, Jakarta, Indonesia.
▪ A. Mavrogianni, E. Oikonomou, I. Tsoulou, … and P. Wilkinson (2021). “Indoor Overheating, Climate Resilience, and Adaptation of Care Settings.” In The Palgrave Handbook of Climate Resilient Societies. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
▪ R. Jagannathan and I. Tsoulou, (2021). “Educating Youth for Future Unemployment in Greece.” In “The Growing Challenge of Youth Unemployment in Europe and America: A Cross-Cultural Perspective.” Bristol University Press.
▪ J. A. Senick, C. J. Andrews, H. C. Putra, I. Tsoulou and M. S. Allacci, (2018). “Synthetic Populations of Building Office Occupants and Behaviors.” In Building Performance Evaluation (pp. 63-72). Springer, Cham.
▪ L. Lotz, J. Pickering, … and T. Shealy (2019). “Twenty Questions About Design Behavior for Sustainability.” Report of the International Expert Panel on Behavioral Science for Design, Nature Sustainability.
▪ C. J. Andrews, H. C. Putra, I. Tsoulou, M. S. Allacci, and J. Senick, (2016). “Occupant Behavior Module for EnergyPlus/OpenStudio.”
▪ D. Van Abs, A. McClean, I. Tsoulou, Y Gao, and T. Evans, (2014). “Water Infrastructure in New Jersey’s CSO Cities: Elevating the Importance of Upgrading New Jersey’s Urban Water Systems.” New Jersey Future.